2009年8月12日 星期三

Last Night in Hsinchu

It's my last night in Hsinchu.
I have been here for nearly 8 years.

I still remember the first two year was full of unpleasant memories. I hated here. I felt so lonely here. I still remember the feeling.
I escaped, then came back.
I found a way to live. I can't remember from when I got used to the life, the weather, the people here. I am familiar with Hsinchu more than my hometown, Kaohsiung now.

My university life was very boring. I hope I can have a happy school life in Rotterdam, to create some wonderful memories.

My graduate school life was much happier. I had friendly lab mates. I had Henry to be with me on weekends. These two yearwas the happiest time for me in Hsinchu.

The two-year work life was a precious experience. I had a chance to work at a global company, learning to become a qualified engineer. Although I don't like the long working hours, I can't deny I have learned much, both professional and personal. I realized how real society works. I have to appreciate my superiors and coworkers.

Yesterday was my last work day. I left the office. The door closed in front of me. Maybe in the rest of my life, I won't able to sit in there again. Handed out my badge, rode my motorcycle to leave the office building. The feeling was hard to tell. In order to begin a new life, even though there are things want to keep in the old one, I have to give up.

Tonight I rode through 清夜. It was crowded as usual. I had clear feeling that I no longer belong to here.

Now sitting in my room, tomorrow I will leave here, and will not come back in a short time. I didn't remember the feeling I had at the night of my last day in Kaohsiung before I went to Hsinchu to become a freshman.

Next Monday will be my last day in Taiwan before I go to Rotterdam. What will I feel? I don't know. But I believe it will be hard for me to fall asleep.

沒有留言:

張貼留言