2009年8月22日 星期六

Aug 22, 2009 Trip to Kinderdijk






After lunch, I took a walk from my dorm, crossing Erasmusburg to the pier. On the bridge, there were people making a film. It took me about half an hour to the pier.

I sat on a bench on the riverbank to wait for the waterbus. Temperature was around 20C. I felt very relaxed and comfortable sitting there with moderate wind. Life should be easy like this.

The water bus was like the one we took in Kaohsiung. Many people took their bikes with them as well. In the begining, on the left side of the river, there are tall buildings at downtown Rotterdam. On the right side is residential area. Then I saw Erasmus U. Soon it changed into country scene. Around half an hour later, I took of at Ridderkerk to change smaller ferry to Kinderdijk.

When arriving the pier of Kinderdijk, next to us is another ferry. It took cars, motocycles, bikes to cross the river because there is no bridge near by. It took only few minutes to cross the river and it kept coming angd leaving. It is new to me.

I walked about 15 minutes to Kinderdijk. There were many tourists. There are total 19 windmills at Kinderdijk. They were used to avoid flood. Among them #2 is open to public. I spent 3.5 euro to take a look the inside. The space is rather small. But there are still people living in windmills. Some of windmills are working. When approaching a fan, I clearly understood its size and felt its power. I didn't visit all windmills because time was limited and I was tired as well.

I left Kinderdijk around 4pm. From Ridderkerk to Rotterdam, the ferry had engine problems, so all passsengers needed to get off it at next stop and took another ferry. Overall it was an interesting trip.

沒有留言:

張貼留言